Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pork Loin

Options
apfroggy0408
apfroggy0408 Posts: 99
edited August 2014 in Pork
Thought I'd share my most recent cook with everyone. I'm on a pretty strict keto diet so making good food is pivotal for me, good thing I have a big green egg huh!

Even though I was reading not to cook direct unless you had a raised grid I decided to cook direct at the normal grate level at 350 deg_F. I had a 7 lb pork loin that I cut in half to fit in my egg. One had Dizzy Pig's Fajita-ish and the other had the Bayou-ish rub. I really enjoyed these rubs especially because there was a bunch of 0s on the nutritional label ha!

Anyways, it cooked a little quicker than I thought it would hitting internal temps of 150s at the 45 minute mark, didn't think to check any earlier than that since I thought it would take about an hour. Anyways it came out great with a nice sear and really juicy and tender inside!

Only 3 days worth of meat for just me though. =D

Next time around I might stuff with the spinach and veggie mix that I eat.
A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

Comments