Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any great Pork Tenderloin ideas out there in Eggville?

Options
THEBuckeye
THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
Bought a couple pork tenderloins today. Any good recipes? Cook times? Smoke? Temps?
New Albany, Ohio 

Comments

• TarHeelBBQ
    TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Options
    Trader Joe's Island Soyaki is my favorite for pork tenderloins
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options

I have found this to be a good marinade recipe:

Hawaiian Pork Marinade
    1/4 c sugar, 1 tsp fresh grated ginger, 1 tsp dry mustard, 1tsp salt, 2Tbs molasses, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 c oil, 1/4 c water, 2 crushed garlic cloves. Combine ingredients and pour over pork. Marinate 24 hours. 

I cook reverse sear.  Start indirect on top of Adj Rig at about 275 to 300 dome.  Use a remote meat thermometer with probe until internal is about 130 (final internal temp goal is 138 or so for juicy and just slightly rare).  Then pull off meat and rig, open vents to about 550 to 600 dome, and sear each of 4 sides for about 30 sec per side.

Very good sliced and served on the hawaiian sweet rolls.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I like to stuff them with cheese then wrap them with bacon. Or you can stuff them with anything that you like. They are excellent this way.imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.