Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eating Crow with a smile on my face.

2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Mickey‌
    My wife would kill me!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• No egging for me today. I blanched, chilled, cut, and froze 80 ears of corn then went with some friends to travelers game. One friend has a suite with a/c and 12 outside seats. All our boys had a blast. image

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Looks like a great time. Have had a hectic day myself. It's getting better though. Glad y'all had a good time. If you need some help eating that corn let me know. I will gladly do my part! ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• This corn is awesome. I bought an extra sack just to give away to people and to have a little bit to grill on the egg. I'll have some cooking to post this weekend. Going to camp to bushhog tmrw and friday and then its gonna be on saturday.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Can't wait to see it. Bring it on brother! Nothing like grilled corn.

Status- Standing by.

• Nice mini. I'm jealous.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    It's the wife's. Thanks my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Let me know how it does for you. I can't rationalize buying one since I have the small. May get another large for the camp, though.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    I sure will brother.

Status- Standing by.

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Congrats on the Mini! Hope your wife enjoys it!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited August 2014
    @SGH, technically you shouldn't have to eat crow since you said YOU would never spend the money on anything smaller than a large.  You are claiming that the wife spent the money for this one.   :P  Either way congrats on the new addition. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    i thought the same thing about the mini until those visions kubs went on sale for a hundred bucks
    :D 5 pound pastrami points, a single rack of ribs, 20 buffalo wings, all doable and it literally cooks on a handfull of lump
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    @fishlessman‌
    Now that I have it and got it put together I think I'm actually going to like it. You made a excellent point above about the "handful" of lump. That a lone is a plus.

Status- Standing by.

• I can't quite identify the rub you're using on that mini.  Is that a slow and low, 225?
  • SGH
    @SeahawksEGGHead‌
    That's a good one!

Status- Standing by.