Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eating Crow with a smile on my face.

SGHSGH Posts: 11,451
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
I have always said that I would not spend money on any thing smaller than a large. I felt that it was a waste of money if you will that could have been put toward a larger egg. That all changed today however. My wife decided that she wanted a egg of her own. Sadly for me she chose a mini. So guess what. I have now spent money on a egg that was not a large or bigger and I'm having to eat my own crow. Can't win them all my friends. Just for the record- The crow is actually pretty good !!imageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
·

Comments

• Heck yeah!! She is going to have to get her own login to the forum now!
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • mslawmslaw Posts: 241
    I wonder what she would have to say?
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,886
    Wifey is happy.  You know what that's worth.   ;)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 11,451
    @Thatgrimguy
    I have been trying to talk her into it. She is kind of funny about things though. We will see. She may do it yet if I keep pushing her.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
    @mslaw
    She would honestly be a great addition to this forum. She is far more intelligent than I will ever be. She is also a par excellent wife.

Status- Standing by.

·
  • anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,090
    So in other words, she is the brains my friend(ha)... I think you'll love the small one. I've seen some excellent cooks on here with them. I'm sure your wife will love it.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,308
    Congrats on the mini! That's on my next egg list.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
    @anzyegg
    At the moment she is not home so I can proclaim to be the brains. When she gets home and reads this I will have to change it ! Thanks for the compliments my friend.
    @RAC
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

·
  • Well on a list of "things to eat crow over" getting a new mini after you said you wouldn't has to be number 1 on the list. Enjoy the new cooker my brother, can't wait to see some of the amazing cooks that will inevitably be produced on that fine little grill.
    ·
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 788
    I have never tried crow.  Did you cook the CROW direct or indirect. Spatchcoked or vertical?  Tsunami Spin or Bad Byrons?  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • In SGHs case it's grilled direct at 400 on a mini :D
    ·
    @ChillyWillis
    I'm honestly going to cook a Crow for this occasion. Going to cook indirect in the vertical on a meat hook until almost done. Then going to finish with a sear on the new mini. Then smother with sawmill gravy and slap it on a biscuit and eat it with a smile on my face in honor of Mrs. SGH! Watch and see my friends .

Status- Standing by.

·
    Crow is actually quite good when properly prepared .

Status- Standing by.

·
  • JstrokeJstroke Posts: 152
    SGH, i want a full portfolio of pictures. Y I will bow low at the waist and tip my hat. You will absolutely have gone beyond your tagline at that point. Congrats on the new one, she deserves it I' sure.
    "There is nothing--absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,556
    A happy wife is a happy @SGH  :D

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
    @Jstroke
    You got it brother. I will even include a pic of me eating it. We really do eat American Crows down here. I don't eat the related Mags but the Americans are better than squirrel in my book.

Status- Standing by.

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 8,243
    Enjoy your new baby ;) Happy wife happy life.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    @NPHuskerFL
    Thank you brother husker.

Status- Standing by.

·
  • RiverDocRiverDoc Posts: 197
    What an awesome reason to eat crow! Congrats on the hew arrival and the happy wife.
    Franklin N.C. LBGE... And shopping
    ·
  • SGH said:

Crow is actually quite good when properly prepared .

Needs garlic - we'll see if she let's you cook on it
    NW Iowa
    ·
    Home sweet home!!!!!imageimage

Status- Standing by.

·
    @Mickey
    Look at the pics above sir . I'm cooking a mini!^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

·
  • Sixpack1Sixpack1 Posts: 187
    It's like it's in an incubator,  Happy wife, Happy life...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

·
  • tcampbelltcampbell Posts: 485
    You will love it especially for steaks.I wouldn't trade my mini for another large.
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 281
    I wouldn't let crow be the first cook on the wife's new egg! Something seems wrong about that!
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,620
    Congrats on the Mini! We have one we call Piglet and she is a Mean Green Grilling Machine!!!! ^:)^
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
    @Sixpack1@tcampbell@Bayarad
    @"Jupiter Jim"‌
    Thanks fellows.

Status- Standing by.

·
    Little brother. Finally complete.image

Status- Standing by.

·
  • Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 513
    I bought a Mini last March and love it for cooking for two. With the looflighter, I can have it up to 500 degrees in 10-15 minutes. The woo and 2 pizza stones will cook a mini pizza in 5-6 minutes. I actually use it more than my small or large. But again most of the time I'm cooking for two.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Tulsa, OK
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,801
    SGH said:

@Mickey
    Look at the pics above sir . I'm cooking a mini!^^^^^^^^^^^

I would spatchcock it
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·