Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going to attempt first pizza tonight

Options
So I keep seeing all these pizzas on the egg and have got to try one for myself but I'd prefer to make my own dough. Does anyone have a fairly simple dough recipe ? Something I could make in my kitchen aid pro stand mixer maybe I will use my plate setter legs down my BGE feet under my CGS stone and run it somewhere between 500-600 Will allow the stone to heat up in the egg for 30-40 minutes before throwing the pie on
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    I'd go legs up on plate setter anything close to 500 will be fine.  We use this recipe to make a nice 14" pie.

1 2/3 C bread flour
    1C H2O Plus or minus some (105 degree)
    1 1/2 t active dry yeast
    1T Honey
    to add some flavor we put 2T EVOO in a frying pan 1-2 t minced garlic, cook until garlic golden then add 1-2t italian seasoning.  Combine this with the water, honey and yeast then add liquid to flour.  Mix by hand until nice dough ball forms and does not stick to bowl sides (adding more flour or water as needed).  Then hand knead ball for 4 minutes or so.  place in bowl cover with towel and let rise until doubled in size.  The roll out to make pie.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN