Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Sriracha Onion Rings wrapped in Bacon.

Spotted this recipe in the Costco Magazine this month, so we had to give it a try.  Smoked for 90 minutes @ 250 with Pecan wood for smoke.  My wife made a mayo, sriracha and lime dipping sauce to go on the side.  Missed getting photos of the sauce, but it was extremely good.  A few poor quality cell phone pics.imageimageimageimage
Edina, MN

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looks and sounds great.  Did you dip them in straight sriracha?  How much kick did they have?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    @SmokeyPitt the rings were dipped in straight sriracha, then wrapped in bacon with a spicy rub added on top.  The mayo dipping sauce had quite a kick as well.  I'm a spice head and enjoy the heat I would say on 1-10 scale they were about a 5.  Similar kick as a raw Jalepeno.
    Edina, MN

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I would devour that. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Oh man...food woody!
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I made the same.  I was unhappy about the work to reward ratio.  I checked these off my bucket list never to be done again. They were good, just not worth the effort.