Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

eye-of-round then bacon

g-og-o Posts: 39
edited 6:07PM in EggHead Forum
I had a nice eye-of-round roast that has been bugging me for a couple of days so I put it on this morning and took it off after about 3hrs.
Nicely smoked and well done, so I drove it to the local store and the meat guy put it on his slicer and shaved it for me. Piled high on a fresh bun, slice of onion, tomato and cheese and horseradish. Need I say more? Now I've got a slab of fresh pork belly on (220 with lots of hickory smoke) Bacon, Bacon. Gord

·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    g-o,[p]I cure and smoke pork bellies each Fall and have often considered the possibility of smoking, then curing. I cure (in a 50/50 mix of honey and kosher salt) and the smoke lightly. Does the curing process draw out the smoke flavor with the moisture?[p]Spin[p]

·
  • g-og-o Posts: 39
    Spin, I can't answer that, never did it. I'm just smokin, no cure. Gord

·
  • Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    g-o,
    MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. bacon. Nature's perfect food.[p]Bama fire

·