Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE hole diameter question

Hi y'all, I just built my new table for my egg and after I stained and sealed it I measured the hole I cut out. Turns out I my cutting skills or measuring skills were not up to par. The hole is about 1/2" off the 21" recommendations I have seen. My question is will that 1/2" make that much of a difference or should I go ahead and cut out the 1'2 in? Guess I should have measured after my initial cut. Thanks

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I don't know this to be fact but if the egg fits to tight against the wood it could be a fire hazard. Maybe others can offer more.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    21.5" is the safest best. What material is the table? If wood you most definitely want a sufficient gap.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jsmoto01
    jsmoto01 Posts: 13
    Its made of cedar. Once the finish dries I'll cut out another inch.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I think that's a good call for safety reasons my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.