Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pulled chicken

Options
Got a hillbilly "backyard tourney" this weekend,(mini golf, horshoes, freethrow b-ball, 26 years running) and this year I wanna bring pulled pork and pulled chicken. I'm pretty satisfied with my bbq pulled pork, but will be my 1st attempt at pulled chicken. I wanna do a bbq , as well as a honey chicken. I was just gonna do a couple chickens on a v-rack and then pull them after. The honey only chicken, should I combine the honey with anything or just use the honey. Trying to get the taste or the honey chicken at the Chinese place we go to. Open for any tips/suggestions from my fellow Eggheads

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    i think most that do pulled chicken do it with thighs but maybe you can get some ideas off this turkey cook

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142418/low-and-slow-turkey

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • freff
    freff Posts: 11
    Options

This is what I did with the pulled chicken and had to high-five my wife,(she's 4ft 10 ,I'm about 6 ft 1). Cooked the chicken indirect with platesetter, drip pan with apple juice,cherries, and a little water, put 1 of those snack packs of peaches IN the bird, 250 degrees for 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. Rest a bit and pull. Did the honey sauce with honey, maple syrup, brown mustard, butter, and a touch of apple cider vinegar. I gotta say its quite tasty. Give it a shot.