Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - how do you cook them?

Options
Wife has requested I cook 3-4 lbs of these for a luncheon she is hosting (will probably be made into chicken salad). I want them to be better than average. I am thinking season with a Penzeys mix, and grill raised direct to IT of 160, but maybe there are better ideas out there.  Brine? Marinade?  What would you do?
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Brine, sous vide, season, sear. You will never go back with chicken breast again.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    I do mine raised direct 375-400°. Pull when 155° int, and then tent for at least five minutes. They always turn out very moist.
    GWN
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Brine, sous vide, season, sear. You will never go back with chicken breast again.
    Unfortunately no sous vide here.  Could do a redneck one in the cooler, what temp, now long?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I brine them for bout hour and half then season and cook raised direct about 400 degrees. Simple but always great (especially for chicken salad).

Little Rock, AR

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Cookinbob said:

Unfortunately no sous vide here.  Could do a redneck one in the cooler, what temp, now long?

147 for 2 hrs. (Obviously, 150-ish would work fine). If you want otherworldly chicken breast, SV is the ticket.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    147 for 2 hrs. (Obviously, 150-ish would work fine). If you want otherworldly chicken breast, SV is the ticket.
    This. We've eaten more SV chicken breast in the past few months than we did in 20 yrs. If you can't rig up a SV setup in time, brine and grill them raised direct, 375ish. Pull when IT=155 max.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.