Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My table project " Ipe' "

Here is a few pics on my new large "Eggstation" I used 5/4x6 Ipe' for the tops and 5/4x6 clear pressure treated pine for the fronts and sides and #2 pressure treated 2x4 for framing ... I still need to cap the ends on the bottom shelf, sand and them treat with Ipe' oil ... I painted the body with krylon hunter green ... Pics are various stages during the build ... I will update when completed. It measures 47" long and 24-1/2 deep frame is 30" tall before casters and table top

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

Comments

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 14,247
    @BigGreenGator‌ Congrats on a well built table. That should give you many years of enjoyment. Nice job!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,223
    Ipe is awesome!! That is one fine table!!
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs

JULY 10 in Biloxi, MS is the South MS River Party!!! Everyone is invited, so come and bring friends, sign up once you know you are coming to help me get a count. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d44acaa2ba4f58-july
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 930
    @BigGreenGator‌ Congrats on a well built table. That should give you many years of enjoyment. Nice job!
    + 1 Enjoy

Alexander City,Al
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,418
    Very nice!!! Congrats on a job well done!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    Looks great
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 19,258
    I'm building a sculptural table made to resemble arms hugging the BGE: my love.

• Ha ha @nolaegghead‌ need pics 4 sure of that >:D<

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• SGHSGH Posts: 20,884
    Very nice. Excellent job. Enjoy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 3,740
    I like the rounded ends... Makes a nice change and looks Fantastic..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 949
    That is a fine looking table! +1 on the rounded ends, makes a nice change from the norm.
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,684
    Nice looking table!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• BigGreenGatorBigGreenGator Posts: 340
    edited July 2014
    Ooops

• It is completed !!! =D>

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 3,740
    Awesome..Look forward to seeing some spiraling smoke coming out that Egg..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Great looking table!!! Now for some great looking cooks! Enjoy...
  • FarbuckFarbuck Posts: 276
    Good looking table.   Great venue

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Thank you @Farbuck‌ the backyard scape is a constant work in progress :)

• geronimogeronimo Posts: 21
    Very nicely done!!!  That table will serve you well for many many years!! 
  • tridogdudetridogdude Posts: 126
    Great looking table. Ipe was a good choice. Thanks for posting.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 14,247
    @BigGreenGator‌ you get all your materials local in Jax? Man that turned out fantastic!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • @NPHuskerFL‌ ha ha I just happen to be in the lumber biz so yeah It's easy to get a hold of most materials ... But on the Ipe' I had a buddy just finish a deck he was building and he let me shag about 11pcs 5' long of it ... Perfect timing ... Saved $300 or more :D