Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New discussion of Mini-Max

Options
2»

Comments

• dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    Lit said:

I spoke to the mothership a day or 2 ago and they said 6 weeks. I may cruise down there and ask Terry face to face. @dihtn‌ the KJ comes with a triangle shaped device that raises the grate to gasket level. It also comes with a pizza stone that slides into the triangle shaped thing to go indirect as well as a stand with handles.

Thank you.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    texaswig said:

I called my hometown dealer today and they didn't know what it even was. They said they would do some checking.

That's freaking hilarious! =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I got the exact response. But--- two months later they've called and asked if I still wanted that wooden replacement handle I asked for. Because they're about to make an order.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    after the screen issue was resolved, i am quite happy with mine. It stays at firehouse mostly and I cook a butt a week on it and spatch birds....pretty much all the meals i eat come from it at work 

How was it resolved?
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Gogogordy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The screen I mean
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Bringing it back to the actual topic...was told today by the MS that we should expect the Max to arrive late August or September to dealers.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lit said:

The mini with nest retails at like $430 right? So the mini max is going to be only $20 more? I doubt it but we'll see.

My dealer sells Mini at $399. He matched it on the Max. And my understanding after speaking to the MS the Max is shipping complete w/ nest. How could ya possibly knock that. I was all over it like white on rice. They quite simply rock!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    So until it's released it sorta feels like this :))....

Cartmanland - You can't come: http://youtu.be/crosjxD4XaI
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    texaswig said:
    I called my hometown dealer today and they didn't know what it even was. They said they would do some checking.

Tell them to call their Egg distributor: Paragon Distributing. That is who they buy Eggs from.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    dihtn said:
    after the screen issue was resolved, i am quite happy with mine. It stays at firehouse mostly and I cook a butt a week on it and spatch birds....pretty much all the meals i eat come from it at work 

Are you still using the original gasket? Does the stock grate make into a raised direct grate?
    New gasket en route. yes it does raised direct. I cut a couple peach wood chunks to set under the racks feet and raise it another 2'' for my birds. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    The screen issue was resolved with making a new one from a machine shop.... although it stays at firehouse now so more of a moot point. Its always on a concrete pad for cooking. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    The mini with nest retails at like $430 right? So the mini max is going to be only $20 more? I doubt it but we'll see.
    My dealer sells Mini at $399. He matched it on the Max. And my understanding after speaking to the MS the Max is shipping complete w/ nest. How could ya possibly knock that. I was all over it like white on rice. They quite simply rock!
    You live in Jax or close to it? wonder if i could get the same deal?? I'm only 2hrs away 
    Beaufort, SC
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    surprised nobody has called the Dal-Tile plant in Mexico and see when bge will be getting them ti distribute

MEXICO

MONTERREY, MEXICO 
    Dal-Tile Mexico, S.A. DE C.V. 
    011-52-18-8124-8124 
    Glazed & Unglazed Wall Tile, 
    Glazed Floor Tile, 
    Glazed Mosaic Tile

Overnight Mail 
    Blvd. Díaz Ordáz Km. 335 
    San Pedro Garza Garcia, 
    N.L. C.P. 66230

Regular Mail Apartado 
    Monterrey, N.L. C.P. 54000

:))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Bump
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @plumbfir01‌ PM sent
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    The screen issue was resolved with making a new one from a machine shop.... although it stays at firehouse now so more of a moot point. Its always on a concrete pad for cooking. 

Why not just turn the firebox opening so it doesnt line up directly with the draft door opening?
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Gogogordy said:

Why not just turn the firebox opening so it doesnt line up directly with the draft door opening?

Airflow would be compromised.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Gogogordy
    Options

Airflow would be compromised.

Nope. It still finds its way the extra few inches around.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Gogogordy‌ ya I get what your saying if it's in the spirit of safety. But, why not just replace it and be done with it. Temporarily sure.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    well if the airflow makes its way around, so will the sparks....they do travel by air. 
    Beaufort, SC