Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Heat, Im ready for a break

Options
Dobie
Dobie Posts: 3,364
AC running nonstop here in Florida. Weatherman giving out heat advisories. I think I could do a L&S without lump.....still got at least another month of this. Grass growing so fast I can see it moving. I need a break. Cant wait until fall with some cooler breezes and a nice Oktoberfest in hand. I hear some folks up north getting a break, send it on down.
Jacksonville FL

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It hasn't felt like summer for a while here in Maryland. Low 70's today, Dew Point of 54. I think we hit 90 a couple of weeks ago. Even over the weekend with higher Dew Points, it was still in the mid-80's. It's normally in the 90's at this point through most of August. House windows open this time of year is not normal, but is sure fun!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I'll trade ya.  I hate the cold.  it went into the low 60's last night and I wanted a jacket.

I really need to move down south.

Garnerville, NY
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    We are getting a little break today. It isn't near as humid as it has been. I hate it. I am not a summer person at all. I love winter. 

I will play golf in the cold and ride my 4 wheeler when it is freezing. My wife on the other hand loves summer and can't stand the cold. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Dobie
    Options
    @Eggcelsior that sounds nice right about now.
    @robnybbq no trades, I'm a native Floridian and likley always will be but July and August suck. Price you pay to wear shorts at Christmas.
    @johnkitchens I'm not a cold fan either, short days and dead terrain aint my thing but neither is heat stroke. I hear Hawaii is nice year round....
    Jacksonville FL
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @Dobie it is funny you mention Hawaii. She has told me more than once that she wants us to retire in Hawaii. 

I don't think it will happen. 

• Dobie
    Options
    @johnkitchens we can dream right....I keep playing my lotto numbers.

Its fricken 97 degrees right now here.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    I'll trade ya.  I hate the cold.  it went into the low 60's last night and I wanted a jacket.

I really need to move down south.
    It was gorgeous last night. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    It's been in the 60's here. One morning I work up and it was 52. :(
    Aurora,OH
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    High 70's 53% humidity, grilling and chilling. Clear skies tonight and two scopes to observe the heavens.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

We are getting a little break today. It isn't near as humid as it has been. I hate it. I am not a summer person at all. I love winter. 

I will play golf in the cold and ride my 4 wheeler when it is freezing. My wife on the other hand loves summer and can't stand the cold. 

Agreed on all points. If it wasn't for your avatar I'd say we could get along just fine. \:D/
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @Jerimiah We have to overcome our differences! 

Are you a Gamecock or Clemson fan? 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Only 84 here in Dallas. Very unusual this time of year. Actually fills nice. Keep on sending down them polar vortexes you guys up north. Much appreciated

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Been very mild in north Texas this summer, some days not out of the low 80s.  84 right now at 5:20 in late July.  In fact this is the second summer in a row that has been unseasonably cool.  Won't last forever though. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Just 80º with a nice breeze off the ocean, actually hot for us on the west coast. Weather guessers saying another few days of this unusual warmth with no rain in the forecast. Very nice. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Around 52 in Louisville this morning.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Jeremiah
    Options

@Jerimiah We have to overcome our differences! 

Are you a Gamecock or Clemson fan? 
    Lol. I was just picking! And neither. Wife and family is all USC. I originated in the Pennsylvania mountains. Long story short, I have deep ties to Penn State!

Aaannndd que the Sandusky jokes. [-X
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    henapple said:

Around 52 in Louisville this morning.

That's not cold, homie. Get it together.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Just 80º with a nice breeze off the ocean, actually hot for us on the west coast. Weather guessers saying another few days of this unusual warmth with no rain in the forecast. Very nice. 
    Man its in the mid fifties here. Im worried about frost tonight. Very strange for the dog days

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dobie
    Options
    OK it appears that me and @NPHuskerFL‌ are the only ones burning up down here. The rest of you guys carry on with your sweater vests LOL.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    With the heat index it was 107 yesterday here in the armpit of the south. Y'all aren't alone. :-w
  • Dobie
    Options
    @Jeremiah‌ you know misery loves company. The rest of you guys enjoy the break. No egging tonight for me.
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    Options
    Unseasonably cool week here in NC - quite a welcome relief!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hot as Satan's crotch! Was up on a roof half of the day working on the Kairak system at a Carrabbas in St Augustine. I think I had made a little pool of sweat by the time I got off the roof. Had to hop down a few times to cool down and hydrate. Stay hydrated y'all. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL