Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

newengland chili dog fail x2

first attempt i burnt the burger to oblivion when a neighbor a mile up the dirt road arrived with my dog, was 3 houses from the highway so back on his training collar for a refresher. find some old frozen burgers for attempt 2, its looking good, go get the split top rolls and chipmunk had found them, off to the store for more. almost done, newengland chili needs a liitle grease, add a tblsp olive  oil, taste......turned to playdough, olive oil was way past rancid.  arrrggggghhhh. attempt 3 sometime during the week
:))
here it was, just starting to look good

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Sometimes you just cdan't win. What does new england chili consist of?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    edited July 2014
    just like texas chili but with no beans
    :)) its a chili recipe for hotdogs in the rhode island to southern mass area, mostly chili with a hint of allspice. i was working with recipe 3, more chili powder,cumin,  some cayenne, and paprika mixed in
    http://www.pagesintime.com/ri/nys-recipes.html

the whole weekend didnt work, 80 miles from the house late at night, flat tire, put spare on, kaboom a few miles down the road, get towed to a tire place and slept in the truck til morning only to ruin two cooks back to back

fukahwee maine

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    just like texas chili but with no beans

:-? but Texas chili doesn't have beans... :D

You should go buy a lottery ticket. With all that bad luck, you are due for some good luck.

:D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Nice, you're gonna whip up some Saugys! Don't forget to load the dogs up with celery salt before ya hit em with the meat sauce, that's what puts em over the top.
  • fishlessman
    a little frenches mustard, celery salt, dog, sauce, mustard, diced onions, a little more mustard, and dust again with celery. butter toasted split top roll
    :D i would post a pic but pbucket has me shut down til tommorrow, i keep hitting the limit
    fukahwee maine

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Brother I might would just call it a day and try again tomorrow. Certainly hope your luck improves. You know the old sayings though. When it rains it pours and sometimes you just can't win for losing. Hang In there brother and good luck.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    SGH said:
    Brother I might would just call it a day and try again tomorrow. Certainly hope your luck improves. You know the old sayings though. When it rains it pours and sometimes you just can't win for losing. Hang In there brother and good luck.
    wouldnt you know it, was just attacked with malware, this week just keeps getting better and better
    fukahwee maine

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    Third time's a charm? Go for it! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    That's why there's alcohol. >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you. Better luck on the next one.
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Hope things are getting better in your favor.  Here is a hot dog chili I have eggjoyed for years.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @fishlessman‌
    If it ever starts it usually does get worse before it gets better. Hang in there my friend and good luck!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    checking to see if pbucket gave me my monthly bandwidth back yet

fukahwee maine