Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Would You Let Someone Else Use Your Egg? (UPDATE)

Some time back I put up a thread asking folks if they'd let someone else borrow their egg.  We are renting our house for a year while we're away on my sabbatical leave, and I was wondering what to do with my LBGE.  I was contemplating letting the renters use it, but after the many comments, I thought better of it.

Just wanted to give an update - I'll be letting one of my friends borrow it while we're gone.  He lives in the neighborhood and is always asking about cooking on the Egg (he has a WSM).  His response to my email when I asked him if he would be interested in using it for the year was classic: "I feel like I just got called up from AAA to the Big Leagues!"
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Everybody wins!

XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    He'll have 2 or 3 when you retrieve yours
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    I don't know if I could let someone use my Egg.  However, I would rather give to a friend than let some Ham-n-Egger renter use it.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    jonnymack said:
    I don't know if I could let someone use my Egg.  However, I would rather give to a friend than let some Ham-n-Egger renter use it.
    Yeah, I could trust a friend to heed the advice "never, ever, use lighter fluid".

I wouldn't be able to trust a stranger that is renting my house to do the same.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Good call and nice of you to let your friend use it.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• That's a great call. Just make sure you get a sales commission from the store when he goes to get his in a year!

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Just be sure and take away his gas charcoal lighter. And give him this forums address.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.