Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have you tried Dales?

Just curious, have any of you tried Dale's  Sauce and if so, how do you like it?  In the past, I've used it on pork chops, steak and chicken, all on a gas grill.
Its a little stronger, but a lot of that cooks off and leaves (IMHO) a pretty nice flavor.  Have yet to try with the Egg.  I used to order direct from Dale's but now the local markets have it.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    It's a little salty for me and I like salt- like allegro more, esp on veggies

Greensboro, NC
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Use the Dales in the Green bottle (low sodium). I love it and use it often.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• cajuncook
    cajuncook Posts: 99
    I find it little too strong and can over take the taste of the meat. Use sparingly. I've only used it once and threw away the rest of the bottle.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    +1 on too strong and salty, overpowers the meat IMO

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    I marinated some boneless chicken fingers in Dale's. My wife and daughters loved it. They are hard to cook for. There is no telling what they might like. It must be good.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    +1 on allegro
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    +1 on the low sodium version. But it's still too strong for my taste. My wife loves it and it's the ONLY thing my father in law uses on everything. Start small and don't marinate too long. Maybe 30 min to an hour at most.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I put them on some kebobs and brought them to the pool and everyone loved them. It is rather strong but it was good.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I like Dales but I agree it is somewhat strong and salty.  In GA it has always been available at the grocery store so I used it in all the time in my early days of grilling.  For some reason I haven't really used it that much since I started egging but I would try it again.  I think it is something I would brush on while cooking rather than marinated with. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Love Dales. It is very strong, so if I use it straight up, I'll only marinade for 15-20min. One of my favourites is to marinade a couple of pork tenderloins in a ziplock in the fridge for a couple of days in Dales and water. I'm guessing ratio is about 10:1 water to Dales. Flavour is great, and not overpowering. They come out super tender.
    GWN
  • corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Salty.....Lower Sodium Version. 

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    I used it one time following a Myron Mixon brisket injection and it was so salty it almost burnt your tongue.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,718
    edited July 2014
    If you like Dales but find it too salty. Try Moores. Very similar with less salt.

But Allegro owns all.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    If you like the taste of the meat you are cooking, then, Dales is overpowering. I agree with above that allegro is a better choice. For bottled stuff, my go to is Mountain Marinade. It can be ordered through Pepper Palace. Good stuff.