Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

remote thermometer

This is cool. Wonder how good it is.

http://store.idevicesinc.com/kitchen-thermometer-1/
XL   Walled Lake, MI

Comments

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    I have the igrill by Idevice that bluetooths to my iphone or iPad. I love mine but I'm a newb had it for two months and so far it's great
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • Maccool
    Maccool Posts: 191
    I've had the original 2-probe iGrill for years. First remote I've ever had that has never broken a probe wire. It's excellent. I also have the newer 1-probe version. The newer devices use the newer version of Bluetooth which is MUCH better than the old.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    @stevesails‌ , I've been wanting a remote thermometer be it Bluetooth or WiFi( if they make them). It would be nice to know what's going on when the snows blowing.

I'm hoping other members on the forum will chime in on the issue. It would be nice to know specifics like distance, can it be monitored from iPhone, glitches, and overall performance. Also, for those that use pit controllers, are they an adjunct or do pit controllers do the same function.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    @stevesails‌ , Check out their new iGrill2.  Will handle 4 probes and they are more resistant to higher heat.  Unfortunately, they are sold out of that model right now. 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I have the iGrill single probe Bluetooth.

Love it.

I'm never more than 50 feet from my egg so no worries with range.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    I have the original iGrill as well..
    works great
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Regarding pit controllers... I use a Flame Boss and have extended the thermocouples with type K thermocouple extension cords for both probes.  I also purchased a cord off Ebay to extend the fan power.  This allows me to have the control head inside the house to keep it out of the weather in rain or snow.  It works quite well in that fashion.  It is loud enough to wake me if the cook is complete or for some reason the fire would fail which is almost impossible except for a power outage.  If I suspect that due to a storm, I shut down my computer and move the UPS to the controller.  It can be nice to have hot food even if the house is a little chilly.  We had a rough winter and it did save a cook one time, although with the Egg you can always just go to manual and control with the draft doors if all else fails.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa