Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best pork chop I've ever had

Options
2»

Comments

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    After seeing yours, i had to give it a try last night. I've done chops a couple times, but never a 2 bone cut, and I dont think ive ever done it indirect. The wife and I both agreed it was probably one of the best chops we have had! They turned out awesome. Basically followed the same method, sweet/spicy rubn, indirect at 375ish, pulled at 145, mine took just under an hour. imageimageimage
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

@keepervodeflame, that's good info. I didn't mean to suggest that it is girly food, per se.  It sounds great and I think I will like it a lot.  I just typically only get a couple of "men only" cooks per year so when I do I generally limit things to meat, fire, and beer.

@byrne092, that meal looks awesome.  Thanks for adding it on here.  By seeing you do that after my cook I know I am "paying it forward" thereby effectively returning the favor that others here have granted me as they inspired me to succeed with new cooks. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• krames
    krames Posts: 70
    Options
    @Foghorn‌ where in SA did you get them?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

@krames,

HEB at Alon (Wurzbach and NW Military).  I had to ask the butcher to cut them special for me, but they do it there regularly. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Looks great
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Great chops....