Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First spatchcocked on the egg

Tonight's dinner..... Very good results Also included one pic of my puppy taking in the smell of the fire and some serious sun!
Chilliwack, BC, Canada

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 10,474
    Looks good!
    FWIW I don't like to put raw poultry (or any raw meat really) on a wood cutting board.

My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE
  • SGHSGH Posts: 23,272
    @Jwinn44‌
    Excellent looking food. Like the pooch too!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited July 2014
    Looks good @Jwinn44‌ . Spatchcock has become one of my favorites. Welcome to the fun. 8-} don't let it make you crazy.

Below is a link posted by @cazzy that describes how to post pictures to the forum. It'll make all if your cool pics easier to see.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1168594/how-to-post-pics-to-the-forum-from-your-computer-or-mobile-device/p1
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Jwinn44Jwinn44 Posts: 49
    edited July 2014

Thanks for the link.  I was wondering how to do that.  And yes, my wife already gave me crap about putting the chickon on the wood cutting board..  it wont happen again!

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
  • byrne092byrne092 Posts: 696
    Thats the kind of results I was looking for last night, looks great man! I'll have to try cooking it like you said on my post regarding it.
    XL BGE I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO I Flameboss 200

Edwardsville, IL
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 3,636
    It will not be your last. 
    Suwanee, GA
    UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! 
  • tkleagertkleager Posts: 539
    Nice looking bird!
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • FarbuckFarbuck Posts: 276
    Great looking meal.  I suspect there will be more spatchcocks in your future

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,650
    Just be sure to lick the cutting board down. It'll be fine. >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN