Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Italian Sausage Rolls

Green peppers equals mild sausage, onions equals hot sausage, and nothing equals hot sausage and mustard.

Provolone, pizza sauce, green peppers and onions.

Turned out really good.  Have to let cool a good long time.  The Spouse suggested dipping sauce next time, which is a great idea.  The mustard was tasteless, and dipping would work well.  Leaving the tomato sauce out  would make the crust firmer, and add more flavor as a dip.

Final pic is the left overs to be reheated in the oven later this week.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Those look great!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Wow, giant pigs in a blanket. Those look pretty tasty and looks like your hard work paid off.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I have pizza dough in the fridge right now. If it doesn't all get used this week for pizzas, this will happen here.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks like a home run to me Doc!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    I like it. Not a big fan of sausage, but I'll have to try it with hotdogs.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks mighty tasty Doc. I scarf that down no problem at all. What kind of dough did you use?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Nice Doc!  I would expect nothing less from a Pasquali!  I'll be putting these in the rotation soon!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Fantastic Doc.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Griffin said:
    Looks mighty tasty Doc. I scarf that down no problem at all. What kind of dough did you use?

Publics pizza dough, which is really bread dough.  Worked pretty good.  Next time we are only rolling the Sausage and cheese inside, and dipping the sauce.  Think that will be more flavorful.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Man that look's good! My kink of meal.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,352
    Oh yeah, I'm doing this. How long to bake the dough and what temp please?
    Jacksonville FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Dang
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    edited July 2014
    Dobie said:
    Oh yeah, I'm doing this. How long to bake the dough and what temp please?
    400 for about 15 minutes.  Shifted the rolls every 5 minutes so the bottom would not scorch.

• DMW
    Funny, I just showed this to my 4 year old and he said "I don't think I'd like any of that food"
    I said what if we used a hot dog instead of sausage for yours? And he said "And ketchup instead of mustard!" and he wants muenster cheese instead of provolone. I think we can accommodate his palate. :)

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Doc_Eggerton
    These reheated very well, 350 for 15 minutes.

• Doc_Eggerton
    DMW said:
    Funny, I just showed this to my 4 year old and he said "I don't think I'd like any of that food"
    I said what if we used a hot dog instead of sausage for yours? And he said "And ketchup instead of mustard!" and he wants muenster cheese instead of provolone. I think we can accommodate his palate. :)

I would not put the cat soup in the roll, but rather apply it to the outside.  We're dipping next time we do these.

• DMW

DMW said:

I would not put the cat soup in the roll, but rather apply it to the outside.  We're dipping next time we do these.

Sounds good, dipping sauces it is.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA