Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Day off cook

Options
have the day off today and going to a baseball game tonight so I thought I would cook up a butt for pregame and since the egg was already warm I might as well throw on some ribs for lunch.
Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
Orange, CA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Ribs and shoulder. That's a mans meal my friend. Nice combination. Hope you enjoy the game.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    How do you like the game so far? I'm aTigers fan LOL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @BREWnQ‌ , I hope you checked the California Environmental Protection Agencies Air Resources Board before you lit up your BGE. Did you make sure your Afterburner, Wet Scrubber, and Electrostatic precipitator were functional? What about the Ceramic Cooker Permit? =))
    So glad I live in Wyoming. Seriously though, hope your cook went well.
    Don't forget to Egg for the Freeway Series. Go Blue =D>
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Options
    My cook went great. Some buddies from work came over to help me handle the . Then spent the rest of the day watching the boy play in his inflatable pool.

The butt was on for 10 hours, I pulled it at 201 the FTC for another hour and a half. Was kind of dry I thought the bark was like jerky. There was no juice in to foil. Everyone ate it up fine and said they loved it.

Angels pulled off a great come from behind win. Was a great day.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA