Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone in Toronto know where to buy Curing Salts ?

pantsypants
pantsypants Posts: 1,191
My local butcher shop no longer carrys them and I have 2 pork belly's in my fridge that need to be turned in to Bacon
Toronto

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You can get pink salt at Williams Sonoma but the price is ridiculous. Highland farms carries Ready-Cure. I have four or five kilos at home if you want a bag next week.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    You can get pink salt at Williams Sonoma but the price is ridiculous. Highland farms carries Ready-Cure. I have four or five kilos at home if you want a bag next week.
    Pink salt or nose candy? I may have trouble at the border with the latter.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    @littlesteven
    I will probably take you up on that !
    Thanks

Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

What the City of Toronto/Mississauga border?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Did you check at the butcher counter at any of the grocery stores? I've purchased at the Super Store in the past.

Now, what I have not been able to find lately are natural hog casings. Apparently, these are deemed to be a seasonal item! Go figure.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @texanofthenorth

Have you tried Lady York ?
    Let me know what your looking fro I can pick some up for you as its on my way home from the office
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @texanofthenorth

Have you tried Lady York ?
    Let me know what your looking fro I can pick some up for you as its on my way home from the office
    Thanks. Don't need any right at the moment; this was a month or so ago. And, I did actually find a local butcher that would sell me some that were pre-soaked and ready for stuffing. The cost was about triple for the salt packed variety that I've purchased in the past.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Oh, and I have some Ready Cure at home as well; if you need it.
    I found some curing salts at a local butcher .

thanks everyone
    Toronto
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

What the City of Toronto/Mississauga border?
    International border, yo. I hear the white stuff is primo up there. Hell, if it's good enough for Mayor Ford, it's good enough for me.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Canada Compounds in Woodbridge, ON, has an open-to-public store, you can stock up on casings of all sizes, ReadCure and probably pink salt too, to your heart's content!  This time of year it's not open on Saturdays though.
    canuckland