Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody Vape?

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited July 2014 in Off Topic

Anybody else vaping? I've been off cigarettes since April 27as a result. Started with either 16 or 18 mg of nicotine (pack and half a day) and cheap ole batteries and tanks. Upgraded to a MVP2 and now onto mech mods and rdas. Haven't had a desire to smoke since I started and truth be told, the smell of people that smoke is kind of off putting to me now (not trying to push things on people or talk down on them). Down to 6 mg of nic and still happy.

Sitting on the porch now with a bourbon in hand and using my Nemesis (clone), IGO-W and Vape Naked's Maximus juice and all is good in my little corner of the world. Just wondering if anybody else has used them to get off the coffin nails.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Griffin
    Options
    LOL @hapster I tried cigars a few times. Couldn't get into them and felt like I wasn't appreciating them and wasting them. Doesn't help when you've had a few and the cigarette habit kicks in and you do a big, deep lung inhale. :-&

Rowlett, Texas

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    @Griffin‌
    Congrats on the not smoking. Not sure about the vapin but I'm sure it's better than smoking cigs. Gives you more room for bacon on the lists of vices that'll kill ya
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm a quitter. :D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Cold turkey. 4 yrs now. I swear I could pick them back up today. But I don't. She's too important to me, as I sat at my fathers hospital bed for three weeks before he died. image

Cold turkey for 18 years...same reason. :-)

I love a good cigar but having the time to enjoy one, that's the challenge. That and SWMBO saying "you stink."

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Not sure if it's legit but my diabetic friend went in for routine bloodwork and her triglycerides were through the roof and it happened after she stared vaping. The DR said it may be due to the vaporizer oils. Still gotta be better than smoking
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I am with Hapster, gave up the cigs 35 years ago.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Griffin
    Options
    Hmmm. From what I've been told and read, it only has propylene glycol (which is also in my inhaler), vegetable glycerine, nicotine and flavors. Still a lot less stuff than what's in a cigarette. I'm due for blood work in August, so we'll see how my triglycerides are. Still planning on lowering the nic level and quitting by the time Baby Griffin arrives.

Rowlett, Texas

• sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Years ago I quit smoking using the gum.  It was more addicting then the cigarettes.  I had to use the patch to be able to quit the gum.  Chewed it for about 3 years. 
    Options

@sodigthisbigcrux what is that?

@Tjcoley that's a bummer. The patches never worked for me. Nor did Chantix. Didn't try the gum.

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options
    hapster said:
    Years ago I quit smoking using the gum.  It was more addicting then the cigarettes.  I had to use the patch to be able to quit the gum.  Chewed it for about 3 years. 
    How did the patches taste? :))

=)) =D> Bravo, Sir, Bravo!

Rowlett, Texas

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    They were affecting my basketball game lol, skoal helped me quit not sure if that is cold turkey or not but it worked. Now just an occasional cigar. 35 years ago they weren't talking about long term health problems.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    The interesting side effect of the patches was very, very vivid dreams.  Like being on acid (or so I'm told).  Lots of colors, very wierd stuff, and I remembered them every morning. 
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Jeremiah‌
    Good call brother. My wife quit cold turkey almost 3 years ago. She says she still wants them bad from time to time though. Congratulations and hang in there. Now I need to stop dipping!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Griffin
    Options
    @Tjcoley they had the same effect on me. Just like malaria pills did (spent some time in the rain forest in Belize back in college for a class)

Rowlett, Texas

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Way to go, Grif!  :)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Quit being a p&#%@y and just quit. :-@
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    @griffin where do you get your stuff? I'm interested in this but don't know how to educate myself. Have only tried Blu disposables. Thanks.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I've smoked since I was 10. I picked up dip in Afghanistan on nights when a glowing fag was bad for my health. I'm now vaping and it works. I used to take malaria pills for fun and chantix didn't do anything.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    15 years for me. I don't know if I could go through all the folderoll with those things. They look like sex toys and have equally non-understadable names. @-)

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    when a glowing fag was bad for my health

Homophobe
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    henapple said:
    when a glowing fag was bad for my health Homophobe

7.62x39 a-phobe
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Chantix worked great for me. I never quit drinking or anything it just started to make me sick and the cigarettes didnt even taste good if I did try to sneak one. About 2 months into the chantix started messing with my memory and making it hard to sleep so I quit the chantix but luckily I had already stopped for a month and a half so I was good. The gum and patches never worked I used to smoke with a patch on .
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Lit said:

Chantix worked great for me. I never quit drinking or anything it just started to make me sick and the cigarettes didnt even taste good if I did try to sneak one. About 2 months into the chantix started messing with my memory and making it hard to sleep so I quit the chantix but luckily I had already stopped for a month and a half so I was good. The gum and patches never worked I used to smoke with a patch on .

Hence the name... Lit
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    sodigthisbigcrux . .  nice pax - thats my kind of vape!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • sodigthisbigcrux
    Options

NDG said:
    sodigthisbigcrux . .  nice pax - thats my kind of vape!
    thanks, although there's at least one puritan in our midst. I live in WA state....nothing wrong with my version of vaping
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Thats crazy vaporizers are that small now. We used to have to be careful moving it from room to room with the big glass dome and that was only 15 years ago.