Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Illinois EggFest

2»

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    henapple said:
    Before or after party? Alcohol permitted? Location? Rednecks welcome?
    If you are coming with OO then yes, and I will come too and take it all.   :))
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ChrisSonn23
    ChrisSonn23 Posts: 280
    henapple said:
    No before or after party that is scheduled. But I'm sure there will be fellow Eggers who might stop by a local watering hole after. We hope to have a local Brewery coming out that will have all of their brews available for sale (Owner is a friend and is out or town right now) If you want to check them out their name is 4204 Main Street Brewing Company out of Belleville, IL. The location of the EggFest is 8526 Hanover Industrial Dr in Columbia, IL 62236. We have plenty of space for parking and fesitivites! Of course rednecks are welcome, this is Southern Illinois isn't it?

BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    ChrisSonn i just looked at your facebook page and saw some bags on Rockwood charcoal, do you carry that regularly and if so how much? I figure if i can buy local, then why not.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    henapple said:
    If you are coming with OO then yes, and I will come too and take it all.   :))
    He better not......he knows who runs this town.  LOL
  • byrne092 said:

ChrisSonn i just looked at your facebook page and saw some bags on Rockwood charcoal, do you carry that regularly and if so how much? I figure if i can buy local, then why not.

Yes we carry the Rockwood charcoal on a regular basis. It runs $19 per 20 lb bag.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Right around $4,500 which includes the Grill, Nest and Plate Setter. I can't wait to actually see this thing in person. The Plate Setter alone has to be the size of a small round card table!

I just stopped in Hearthside in Belleville this past Saturday to check on the Mini Max and they have a XXL sitting on their sales floor. That thing is HUGE!!! Run over there if you wanna see one.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Did they have any info on the mini max?
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Nope ... just said sometime this Fall
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Haha. Yep. That seems to be the popular response! Thanks for the info.
  • Here is a good materials checklist for any first time cookers. Pretty much covers the basics. http://www.smokingunsbbq.com/pdf/contest_check_list_one.pdf
  • Sounds awesome! Thanks. I own a couple businesses in the area and these are nice people. Good luck!
  • StlEggGuy said:

Sounds awesome! Thanks. I own a couple businesses in the area and these are nice people. Good luck!

Thanks! Hope to see you there!
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Sorry guys, I have been very idle on the boards because of a new addition to my family. My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on July 31. She has been taking most of my time.

On to the EggFest, we have two Breweries coming to hand out samples of their different craft beers. We will have a Winery there for wine samples as well.

T-Shirt are being designed as we speak. If anyone wants one, let me know. It will have 1st Annual Southern Illinois EggFest on it with our logo. It will also have our slogan on it "Taste The Difference"!

Happy Egging!

Oh and I cooked some Pork Steaks on my Egg this evening....WOW! Mouth watering to say the least!

Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Is there a approx. Price that demo eggs will be.
  • tcampbell said:

Is there a approx. Price that demo eggs will be.

They are $895. It includes a Large Egg, Nest and Plate Setter. And when you purchase a new or demo egg from us, you get an EggHead rewards card which is good for 10% off all eggcessories. We only have a few more demo eggs available
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • tcampbell
    Please keep us updated on eggfest,want to attend.
  • tcampbell said:
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 at our retail store (Sonnenberg Landscaping Materials) in Columbia, IL. The address is 8526 Hanover Industrial Drive, Columbia, IL 62236. The EggFest will start at 9 and end at 4. It looks like we will have a good turn out for it. Let me know if anyone has any questions! Still have a few Demo Eggs left. They are going fast tho!
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • tcampbell

tcampbell said:

Saturday, September 27, 2014 at our retail store (Sonnenberg Landscaping Materials) in Columbia, IL. The address is 8526 Hanover Industrial Drive, Columbia, IL 62236. The EggFest will start at 9 and end at 4. It looks like we will have a good turn out for it. Let me know if anyone has any questions! Still have a few Demo Eggs left. They are going fast tho!

Thank you
  • Sorry guys, I have been very idle on the boards because of a new addition to my family. My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on July 31. She has been taking most of my time.

On to the EggFest, we have two Breweries coming to hand out samples of their different craft beers. We will have a Winery there for wine samples as well.

T-Shirt are being designed as we speak. If anyone wants one, let me know. It will have 1st Annual Southern Illinois EggFest on it with our logo. It will also have our slogan on it "Taste The Difference"!

Happy Egging!

Oh and I cooked some Pork Steaks on my Egg this evening....WOW! Mouth watering to say the least!

Congrats on the new baby girl! I would be interested in a shirt.  How much are they going to be? Also, what time are people going to start showing up that morning?  Will we be able to get there around 7-7:30 to start prep and fire up the eggs?  

Happy Egging!

Congrats on the new baby girl! I would be interested in a shirt.  How much are they going to be? Also, what time are people going to start showing up that morning?  Will we be able to get there around 7-7:30 to start prep and fire up the eggs?  

Thanks so much! What size shirt would you be interested in? My first day back at work will be tomorrow, so I will check prices for shirts then. Thinking they will be $15-$20. People will be there around 7 to let cooks in to set up and fire up their Eggs. BigGreenSmoke are you wanting to cook that day? If so, PM me and I'll get you some details
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Too bad you are 15 hours or so from me. I wish we had eggfests in upstate sc. I am going to try and make it to Atlanta this year!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Too bad you are 15 hours or so from me. I wish we had eggfests in upstate sc. I am going to try and make it to Atlanta this year!
    Too bad! You'll have to find an EggFest near you. They are a lot of fun!
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • We are still looking for a few cooks for our event. If you or anyone you know want to cook, let me know!

Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • We are about 2 weeks out from our first EggFest! Very excited how things are coming together. We will have great food samples, live music and wine and beer available for purchase. Should be a great time. If your close to Columbia, IL, stop on by and enjoy some good food and beverages!
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • How many cookers so far?
  • We have about 12 cooks so far with another 5 or so that are questionable. Still looking for a few more cooks if anyone wants to. We will have a cooled trailer with chicken, pork and beef for the cooks to use
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Only 4 days away from our EggFest! The weather outlook for this weekend looks perfect. If you're near St. Louis come on by. We are only 10 minutes from the JB Bridge!
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL