Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Most awesome CL score!

Options
Scored 30 boxes (450+pounds) of this Phillipine-made coconut lump for $90 bucks tonight. Put half of it in my son's woodshed, and half in mine. Thats less than .20/pound. 

Hope I like it...should work well on pork and fish.
When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Gogogordy‌ I've never tried it. Can't be any worse than RO >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I got a small load a few years back from a close out in Atlanta.   I found that it was hard to lit and burned hot, SO Used it for longer cooks not hot steaks etc.  Left some white residue on the inside of the dome if used by itself so ended up mixing with regular charcoal and worked fine.  Wish I had found it. Enjoy!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sweet! I'm not sure, but I may have seen that brand on TNW. That's a great deal.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    caliking said:
    Sweet! I'm not sure, but I may have seen that brand on TNW. That's a great deal.

Yeah, everyone has and is entitled to their opinion. TNW isn't the definitive, just another one. For $90 bucks I'll form my own. Worse comes to worse I can mix it with wood based lump and also use it for Dutch-Oven cooking.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    For .20/lb, that sir is WINNING.....even if it does burn funky....I'd deal with it and enjoy!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Gogogordy said:
    caliking said:

Yeah, everyone has and is entitled to their opinion. TNW isn't the definitive, just another one. For $90 bucks I'll form my own. Worse comes to worse I can mix it with wood based lump and also use it for Dutch-Oven cooking.
    Not definitive? I've never seen another charcoal rating site let alone something as thorough as his.

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    I like the scooter site, BTW. I REALLY want a ruckus.
  • caliking
    Options
    Whoa partner. You missed the point of my post by a long shot.

Most folks would like to have some idea of what they were buying before stocking up on 450lbs of it, but you're obviously not one of them :)

• caliking
    Options
    Oh and BTW, those things are great for Weber go anywhere charcoal grills since the shape allows you to pack a lot of fuel in to the grill.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I thought I had a score on cowboy lump from home depot for $1 per bag, how bad could it be right.

Its bad....I'm giving away my last 8 bags on cl this week. Stuff took 45 min+ to burn clean. Point is a deals not always a deal but I'm sure you will be OK.
    Seattle, WA
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options

Seeing the pic of the van nearly full of charcoal, all I could think of is "We're gonna need a bigger boat..."

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Gogogordy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    caliking said:
    Whoa partner. You missed the point of my post by a long shot. Most folks would like to have some idea of what they were buying before stocking up on 450lbs of it, but you're obviously not one of them :)

Actually I am. To a point. I did research here, there and everywhere. In fact I posted up about right on this forum, and as per usual got a variety of...opinions. And opinions on the matter are jus' like sphincters....everybody has one. Some like it, some dont....(just like EVERYTHING else ) but TNW isn't what I consider gospel on the subject. So, I decided to try it for myself. $90 isnt such a big buy-in especially given the amount.
  • Gogogordy
    Options

Would that be a Ruckus, or a Big Ruckus? (Both awesome scooters albeit different. Like lump!)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    caliking said:
    Whoa partner. You missed the point of my post by a long shot. Most folks would like to have some idea of what they were buying before stocking up on 450lbs of it, but you're obviously not one of them :)
    Damn buddy, looks like you got singled out and sucker punched for no good reason.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Gogogordy said:

Would that be a Ruckus, or a Big Ruckus? (Both awesome scooters albeit different. Like lump!)
    I can't find a big ruckus anywhere, but I'd prefer it. I might just get a regular one and mod it.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Good score on the lump.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.