Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Paella

GlennMGlennM Posts: 740
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
This is my 3rd time making the whiz paella recipie. We added lobster and shrimp to the chicken recipie. This is really good!
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,853
    Looks great! Reminds me that I haven't cooked paella in a while and I'm past due. The recipe on the whiz site is a good one.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 15,678
    edited July 2014
    Most eggcellent-one of my favorite cooks! 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.
  • nemonemo Posts: 111
    Could you share your recipe??….thanks in advance.
    Fairview, Texas
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 15,678
    Here is the naked whiz paella link:  http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm  And his main site is a wealth of ceramic cooking info.  Definitely worth looking thru.  FWIW-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 740
    Yup, that's the one! Make sure you get the good saffron! I find it tricky to take it off at just the right time!
  • jllbmsjllbms Posts: 381
    A wonderful dish, but takes a full afternoon to prepare.
    Kemah, TX
    It took me a couple hours, not that bad?
  • eggforevereggforever Posts: 20
    How'd the crust come out?
    This time it was good. I listened for the crackling sound but couldn't hear it. Just kept lifting the edge until it looked right