Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fresh Green Beans

This is as easy as it gets: I picked some fresh green beans from the garden, picked the ends and washed them.  Made a pouch of aluminum foil, put it 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, some powdered onion, topped with 2 large pats of real butter, wrapped up tight and put on with the baked potatoes.  let it cook at about 375 for 35 minutes.  Great taste, still firm, but not crisp, better than a straight steam.  Fast and easy!  Would work with most any summer veggie….bacon grease is the bomb.
LBGE
·

Comments

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,096
    Never done them with bacon grease. But love them grilled with butter. Hell who am I kidding. I love anything grilled with butter.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • DTEggDTEgg Posts: 67
    @Jeremiah- You and me both, brudda!
    LBGE
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 11,988
    @DTEgg‌ said: bacon grease is the bomb.
    I concur 100% my friend. Without question or doubt.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • mcmacmcmac Posts: 481
    DTEgg said:
    This is as easy as it gets: I picked some fresh green beans from the garden, picked the ends and washed them.  Made a pouch of aluminum foil, put it 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, some powdered onion, topped with 2 large pats of real butter, wrapped up tight and put on with the baked potatoes.  let it cook at about 375 for 35 minutes.  Great taste, still firm, but not crisp, better than a straight steam.  Fast and easy!  Would work with most any summer veggie….bacon grease is the bomb.

Haven't tried them in foil yet, but I absolutely love fresh green beans out of the garden!
    Just made some the other night! And how can you go wrong with bacon grease and butter??

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
    ·