Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Peanuts

uheep
uheep Posts: 64
I used to cook these with my 7"N"1 gas stainless cooker from Cabela's. I simply can't believe how simple  was using the BGE. The same rules apply, put a couple of hickory chunks in when you start your charcoal. bring it up to 360--375 and you should have a roaring smoke stream from you BGE. Open a couple times during cooking and shuffle them around using some tongs. At about 40 minutes into the cook open a couple of them up and you will see the skin just starting to split. The inside of the peanut shell will start to turn brown. At this point you are very close and you should begin to smell the nuts roasting coming from the closed dome. Pay very close attention to them for about the next 10 min or so, this is where you can burn them very easily. I buy the 2 pound bag of raw dry (not green) jumbo peanuts most all the time from Publix to keep the same consistency. Because of the smoke, the outer shells look like they are way to done and almost burnt, but the peanut inside is golden brown with a hint of smoke flavor. Enjoy.
North Georgia ~ Large BGE~Charbroil Outdoor Fryer~Big Chief Smoker~All Done
With A Touch Of Classic Rock

Comments