Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Missing Rubber Tip On Nest

Options
Looks like the movers lost one of my rubber tips on the nest.  Does anyone know where I can get one? Are the really needed?
Aurora,OH

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    They're probably not needed, but would prevent scratching your Egg's finish.
    I would get some black silicone rubber, smooth a layer around the metal tip, lay down a 1" cloth strip, then smear that with another layer of the silicone on top; should provide the same protection.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @NervousDad‌ Ask your dealer. They are the same rubber tips on the regular nest and table nest. I'm sure they have some or can get them for you.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    Maybe this will be a good excuse for my to build a table :)
    Aurora,OH
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Mine won't be lost as they are melted in place. #:-S

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Looks like the movers lost one of my rubber tips on the nest.  Does anyone know where I can get one? Are the really needed?
    Throw the other three away! They are totally useless and will melt at high temps. and stick to the surface of the egg.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Missing rubber tip...you must be a really nervous dad at this point. Oh, on your nest...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mjfutures
    mjfutures Posts: 53
    Options
    egret said:
    Throw the other three away! They are totally useless and will melt at high temps. and stick to the surface of the egg.
    So you recommend to not use the rubber caps? Mine keep falling off when I move the Egg. Just got it today, but anytime I move it the rubber things fall off the nest holder. 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    We don't use them when we assemble an Egg, not needed. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I wonder how heat resistant the spray-on truck bedliner stuff is.....  I've lost two of mine and was thinking about doing the spray-on stuff....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!