Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Replacement Dome

Options
Here a while back, I came home from work and my wife was near in tears as she accidentally shattered the ceramic dome. Luckily it was in several big chunks and glued it back together but it looks like a kindergarten art project.

My question is, what is the name of the company out of Jacksonville that makes the replacement with the adjustable slider? I've looked on here but can't find it.

Thanks.
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Here a while back, I came home from work and my wife was near in tears as she accidentally shattered the ceramic dome. Luckily it was in several big chunks and glued it back together but it looks like a kindergarten art project.

My question is, what is the name of the company out of Jacksonville that makes the replacement with the adjustable slider? I've looked on here but can't find it.

Thanks.

Clarification needed...did she somehow drop the dome? Did it fall out of the band? Did she get hurt? OR are you referring to the small ceramic cap that sits on top the small neck of the dome of the BGE?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Me thinks you mean this...SmokeWare, stainless steel adjustable cap
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    She dropped the ceramic cap, my mistake for not being more clear. It broke into 6-7 pieces that I bonded back together. It has a leak and I know it's causing it to use additional lump.

There is a replacement cap that fixes this and replaces the ceramic cap and DFMT.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • stevethegreat
    Options
    Ah, good call @RRP‌
    If it is in fact the cap (not dome), here is a link http://smokeware.net/Vented_Chimney_Caps/Stainless_Steel_Vented_Chimney_Cap.html
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Smokeware.....that's the one. Thanks!!!!!