Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waiting to hear about the meet and greet! :)

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
Two of our fellow eggheads planned all week to meet up and get their grub on this past Sunday.   @nolaegghead & @sgh  I'm ready to see some pictures of yall throwing down on the egg. 

I'm sure everyone does...right my friends, my brothers, my friends?
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Hell yeah !!! L-)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Oh yeah!!! Two awesome cooks with photos.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Right! Waiting patiently - did not hear about any arrests so it must have been rather tame by Nola standards. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    They must have been up to something @SGH hasn't posted for a couple of days. And @nolaegghead just chimed in this afternoon. Should we start banging our spoons or something?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Few days without cooking from SGH. Hmmmm!!! Hope all is well.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah, so I finally got to talk to SGH, didn't get to meet him.  He's a 16 yo PhD candidate at MIT.  His dad taught him to BBQ when he was 7.  He's working on his dissertation up in Boston and he gets his dad to shoot the pictures down in Mississippi.  Notice the EXIF data missing from the pictures.  Got nervous when I wanted to go meet him so he's been off the forum but lurking for a while.  Genius.
    Options

Yeah, so I finally got to talk to SGH, didn't get to meet him.  He's a 16 yo PhD candidate at MIT.  His dad taught him to BBQ when he was 7.  He's working on his dissertation up in Boston and he gets his dad to shoot the pictures down in Mississippi.  Notice the EXIF data missing from the pictures.  Got nervous when I wanted to go meet him so he's been off the forum but lurking for a while.  Genius.

Hmm...Boston/Cambridge area???
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    That @nolaegghead's not 'in the cups' is he?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ :-/ so where is @SGH‌ at? He's normally on here at least 12-16 hrs a day. What gives? I've gotta crash for an early day mañana. So I'll check this one later. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I don't know, but I was kidding about he being nervous. 
    Options

@nolaegghead‌ :-/ so where is @SGH‌ at? He's normally on here at least 12-16 hrs a day. What gives? I've gotta crash for an early day mañana. So I'll check this one later. ;)

He's been lurking. I wonder why he's not posting. :-?
  • cazzy
    Options
    Maybe he saw Stand Up Guys and went on a bender with several of his friends that he broke out of their respective nursing homes.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    Options
    All kidding aside I hope everything is A-OK. It just seems very strange that's all. Nite y'all
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    edited July 2014
    Options
    In all seriousness (and I was kidding earlier in this post lest you think otherwise) I PM'd SGH my cell number Sunday around noon asking for him to call me so I could get his address.  I talked SWMBO into going to Biloxi to meet SGH, although she thought me crazy.  I never got a call back or PM.  So we never met.
    Options
    Hope he's ok.  He's looking at the forum (based on his "last activity" time stamp) so that's a good sign. 
    Options
    Hopefully, we hear from him soon, brother.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Well he told you not to bring bacon brother and just your appetite my friend. Did you try to sneak some into your Beamer brother Nola?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Nope.  I did sandblast a DFMT for him, saw that his had powdery rust on it.  Thought I'd give it to him or swap him out if he didn't like that idea.  I bought the smokeware caps for both my eggs so I have some DFMTs laying around.
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ I just read all the activity on here from the point after I went to bed. Wow! You went to all that trouble and not even a PM? So very not cool :-q . If I say you're welcome to visit etc I actually mean it. It just doesn't make any sense to me unless this whole thing was a farce.
    The Price is Right losing horn: http://youtu.be/1ytCEuuW2_A
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    Follow the 'comments' on his profile page - what's that all about?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ just out of curiosity here if I stay logged in to the forum and don't open it up would it still show as active? I use my mobile and personally don't see a purpose of logging out except when I'm having to clear stuff out to help with device speed. And I'm definitely not saying this is what's happening here.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    He's a 16 yo PhD candidate at MIT.  His dad taught him to BBQ when he was 7.  He's working on his dissertation up in Boston and he gets his dad to shoot the pictures down in Mississippi. 

HA - damn I wish that was true . . .. AHHHHH the mystique of SGH !!  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    interesting, who's 

eephalenterri ?

canuckland
  • cazzy
    Options
    NDG said:

He's a 16 yo PhD candidate at MIT.  His dad taught him to BBQ when he was 7.  He's working on his dissertation up in Boston and he gets his dad to shoot the pictures down in Mississippi. 

HA - damn I wish that was true . . .. AHHHHH the mystique of SGH !!  

That's not too far fetched though. The mystique of SGH is currently:

89 years old
    Currently works 16 hour shifts on an Oil Rig
    Only sleeps 4 hours a day
    Been dipping longer than most of us have been alive
    BBQs almost everyday
    Eats said BBQ almost every day, all hours of the day

I'm quite certain I'll be dead or severely handicapped at 89, will be unemployed, will only be able to stay awake for 4 hours a day and will likely be drinking my food. :P

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options

interesting, who's 

eephalenterri ?

Ban in order.
    Kemah, TX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @Cazzy - you're not drinking most of your food now? That's it you're expelled. 

How's the new digs shaping up?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH:
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH has faded to black.

Fade To Black - Metallica (HD): http://youtu.be/1m5RBsH-2ME
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • cazzy
    Options

@Cazzy - you're not drinking most of your food now? That's it you're expelled. 

How's the new digs shaping up?
    Our new home will not be ready until the last week of November. In case you missed it, we're moving to Katy Texas. My wife got a promotion so everything has changed since she's the bread winner. :\">