Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome Alignment

Options
I spent an age trying to align my dome. Tried just about everything and then I spoke to BGE UK

In the nicest possible way they asked me to just check the instructions again

What I found, was that by simply following the instructions and putting the white spring lock back in place BEFORE fitting everything aligned perfectly

What I chump I felt since without putting this in place i had wasted hours and hours  trying to fit the thing properly

PS: Don't forget the red spacers as well !  See pictures

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    After a while of Egging it just isn't important. I only worry if it will not close. All good, no worry Egging.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    JonHalestrap said:
    I spent an age trying to align my dome. Tried just about everything and then I spoke to BGE UK

In the nicest possible way they asked me to just check the instructions again

What I found, was that by simply following the instructions and putting the white spring lock back in place BEFORE fitting everything aligned perfectly

What I chump I felt since without putting this in place i had wasted hours and hours  trying to fit the thing properly

PS: Don't forget the red spacers as well !  See pictures
    My Egg came pre-assembled and I do not have these luxury items.
    Where does one go to acquire such artifacts?
    The BGE website doesn't list these items as available for purchase.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Zmokin-Your dealer should have a stash of those parts as they did the assembly.  Ask and you should receive-free.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Zmokin-Your dealer should have a stash of those parts as they did the assembly.  Ask and you should receive-free.
    Thanks! :)
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.