Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIG BUTT

Options
I found junk mail in my mail box yesterday afternoon when I got home from work.  Fumbled through the ads and found Boston Butts for $2.48 per pound at Albertson's.  picked up a BIG one, short of 8 lbs.  rubbed down with dijon mustard and my favorite rub combo.  Got the LBGE going and stable between 200 - 250 deg.  Put that BIG BUTT on at 10pm last night.  Here are some picks as of about 7:15 this morning.  Mmmmm, love me some BUTT
MESQUITE, TEXAS - LBGE, Tejas Smoker, Circle-J 24" open pit grill, indoor & outdoor cooking, beer, camping, more beer & cooking...

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks good from here.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Redskull‌
    Looks like a home run to me. Excellent job!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Look good!

Since most of our bill paying is set up for automatic payment or e-billing, junk mail is about all we ever get in our mailbox!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Ain't that the truth.  Where in N. TX are you, I'm in Mesquite...
    MESQUITE, TEXAS - LBGE, Tejas Smoker, Circle-J 24" open pit grill, indoor & outdoor cooking, beer, camping, more beer & cooking...
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Redskull said:
    Ain't that the truth.  Where in N. TX are you, I'm in Mesquite...
    I'm in the part of "North Texas" called Aurora, ON Canada.

Was born in Houston and grew up in Richardson. Been in Canada for almost 15 yrs. now. I still have family in the Dallas area and, in fact, will be down there in Aug. for a visit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Nice!  I hate the humidity here...
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Redskull said:
    Nice!  I hate the humidity here...
    I hear ya but, all the same, we're planning to move to Texas sometime in the next couple of years. I'd rather deal with the humidity than the long cold winters we have; which require shoveling a lot of snow!