Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Salmon Fishing OT and Pic Heavy

Options

Spent the last few days out on the Pacific off the West Coast of Vancover Island, great time, great people we stayed with, and amazing trip.

We were extreamly luck to see Hump back whales that actually contacted our little 24' Sea Sport, Saw a pod of killer whales, one came full out of the water not far from us, they had little ones with them as well. Grey whale, sea otters, seals, sea lions, dolphines. All while just trying to catch some salmon.

Brought home a few chinook, some Coho, and a red Snapper.

We stayed at Nootka Bay Resort (Nootka Sound) amaizing place.

Hope all are well. Just thought I would share a few pictures. Had some damn rough water for the last day, was one hell of a fight trying to stand up and fight the rod at the same time.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks like a great trip!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Beautiful. Just had some Coho that a buddy had overnighted from a friend in Alaska.
    Awesome, I came away with another vac sealed filet too, you are lucky!
    Seattle, WA
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Just. Wow. That looks and sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Hope you left some there for me! Headed near there soon for 2 weeks. Staying on a boat for 2 weeks, and driving it around in the San Juan area. Caught a salmon last year, and although I typically do not like salmon, it was incredible. This year, I have a charter guy lined up to increase my odds and hopefully catch a few more. Mind if I ask what they charged you for the shipping? I will definitly want to ship some back, along with the dungenous crabs (got 17 last year one night) I hope to catch. Was thinking of smoking some when I get back, but the more I think about it, I might have them do it - having never smoked fish before, they have a lot more experience! You just got me more excited for vacation!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Hope you left some there for me! Headed near there soon for 2 weeks. Staying on a boat for 2 weeks, and driving it around in the San Juan area. Caught a salmon last year, and although I typically do not like salmon, it was incredible. This year, I have a charter guy lined up to increase my odds and hopefully catch a few more. Mind if I ask what they charged you for the shipping? I will definitly want to ship some back, along with the dungenous crabs (got 17 last year one night) I hope to catch. Was thinking of smoking some when I get back, but the more I think about it, I might have them do it - having never smoked fish before, they have a lot more experience! You just got me more excited for vacation!
    I flew it back with me, we drove from the West Coast where we were staying (on the floating resort) to Comox, then flew from there back to Edmonton. It was only $20.00 for the fish to come back with me.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Awesome thanks for posting..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • boostfed
    boostfed Posts: 63
    Options
    Very cool trip! It looks amazing out there, very jealous! Those salmon definitely make it fun . Thanks for sharing!
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Beautiful place and pics. Look like some awesome fish to cook up. I hope a get a chance to get there someday soon.
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Options
    Used to salmon fish in Lake Michigan for 20 years.  Fabulous pics.  Thanks for bringing back great memories.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Very nice!
    Options
    Jealousy factor very high right now.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA