Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another boat trip with egg

Options
Took the small on another boat ride yesterday. Did wings dogs and clams. I spend the day explaining to people what it is and handing out samples of wings. lot if fun

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very cool
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I went out on a boat Friday. Unfortunately, it did not have an Egg on it. :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    I am not a boat guy so forgive me, do you cook on the boat or at shore? I would think the heat could mess up the boat surface and I would be scared to have a fire by all that gas.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    No boat cooking we take it were we are going then let it cool down before we leave
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Cool, a hot shore lunch sounds good to me.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Although 10 years from retirement, we are planning for it. Going to sell the house, get a smaller one, move only that which we need to it, and get a boat. We are thinking of the "must haves" for the boat. The more I think about it, the mini-max (or equivalent) will be the choice. Bring it to shore in a egg carton, then when done, carry back to the boat into a holder for the egg carton for double protection. Just have to rig something up... plenty of time to think about it.... Can not see having the need to have it on while underway, and can only think that bad things will happen. The water can be a rough place, even in no wake zones. Also need to think of long term storage. Space on a boat is always limited, no matter the size of it. Is yours looks like a CC.. I assume you carry it on off all the time?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • jscarfo
    Options
    Yes I made a carrier out of aluminium I put a piece of plywood with 2x4s under it whe on boat then use a tie down to strap it down I go slow to where were goin also bungee the top down two people can easily move it I fill it with lump and bring a ziplock bag full
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have seen set UPS where they cook right on the boat. There were pics of an off shore boat that had an egg stand built that screwed into the deck where the fighting chairs attatch.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @jscarfo‌ ain't gonna fib. Super jelly! On the water fishing and egging. It simply is awesome! =D>
    And if you didn't do any fishing don't tell me it'll ruin the fantasy. ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jscarfo
    Options
    This past trip was clamming got a big bag full
  • cjham9985
    cjham9985 Posts: 17
    Options
    Don't forget the coronasimage
  • jscarfo
    Options
    Let me know next time u take my pic so I can suck my stomach in
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    hahahah...UR funny
    Options
    Great thread..You certainly won't be accused of "Idle hands are the devils workshop"..Nice pic of the Egg on the beach..
    :D
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....