Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire Roasted Corn Salad & Turkey Breast (warning: pics galore)

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
Started saturday by some high-heat vegetable fire roasting to make a Corn Salad!  I removed the silk and soaked my corn for a few hours, then tossed it one the BGE with a poblano, green pepper, jalapeno and a red onion.  Got the peppers nice and black, then removed the pepper skins and chopped everything.   I used this Corn Salad recipe for my dressing.  Added everything together in a large bowl with plenty of cilantro and toasted cumin seeds.  The flavors were unreal - so summer - so fresh - so satisfying - so delicious!

Then I made mickey coffee rub for the first time . . and it did not disappoint.  

My turkey was brined for 12 hours and rested for 24 hours (per charcuterie herb brine recipe) then it got a nice dusting of the Coffee Rub.  I went indirect at 275 dome temp with cherry wood until it reached 170 internal.  Made a few killer turkey sammichs with some of the corn salsa on the side.  Amazing BGE food on a beautiful summer saturday!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments