Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Montreal Smoked Meat and Blueberry Cobbler

Options
TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
Had our MSM meat for dinner tonight and I am so stuffed I can hardly sit up straight. Damn!!!! is that stuff ever good. And, because they're practically giving blueberrys away, decided to make a cobbler for dessert. Probably won't have to eat again until tomorrow!

Did not take pics of the MSM over the last week and 1/2 so the first pic is taken when I pulled it out of the fridge this afternoon for the final 3 hour steam.

Steaming in my makeshift steamer

This stuff was "melt in your mouth" tender. I did not have a chance to get any shots of the sandwiches, made on light rye with Keen's hot mustard and server wit dill pickles as we were all too eager to dig in!

Couple of cobbler shots

Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,529
    Options
    Unreal! I need to try making MSM, what cut of meat? the cobbler looks heavenly too.  Can I have a MSM sandwich to go for my flight to Ottawa tomorrow please? 
    canuckland
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    oh wow , that lil guy looks amazing !!

So did you do anything diffrent than last time ?
    my only complaint is that it looks to small for me to have a piece , but other than that AMAZING
    Toronto
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    Looks excellent as always my friend! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    The only way that could have been any better is if you would have thrown a few of those lobsters in with it! ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Options
    Nice, that cobbler looks delish.
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Unreal! I need to try making MSM, what cut of meat? the cobbler looks heavenly too.  Can I have a MSM sandwich to go for my flight to Ottawa tomorrow please? 
    That was an approx 10lb. whole packer. You should give it a try!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    oh wow , that lil guy looks amazing !!

So did you do anything diffrent than last time ?
    my only complaint is that it looks to small for me to have a piece , but other than that AMAZING
    Did everything the same expect that I left out the corriander on the overnight in the fridge (before smoking) step and just went with ground black pepper. It was not really my intent to do that but, I realized that I did not have any corriander seed and did not feel like going out to get any.

Also, I used pecan wood for smoking as that's what I had.