Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Homemade Pizza Cook

mcmacmcmac Posts: 493
Last Sunday was my first attempt at making homemade dough and pizza cook. While I can honestly say that I don't think the dough process went as planned (the rise process was slow and needed a boost) the finished product turned out great!
Both my wife and son were amazed at how much better the crust tasted than your average mass produced pizza.
I have to agree. However, what I think can be approved is the density of the dough. I felt it was a little dense if that makes sense.
I made three pies and I think my son ate two of them the next day while we were at work
XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR

Comments

• mcmacmcmac Posts: 493
    Oops... Forgot a couple of other pics...

Hillsboro OR
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 3,753
    I still have to cross the pizza bridge on the egg...You look like you nailed it..I love the one on the cutting board with the olives on..Congrats and hope mine come out half as good as yours..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • badinfluencebadinfluence Posts: 1,760
    Look like a couple great pies to me.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,917
    So many different ways to do pizza... yours look great!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Greensboro, NC
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Good looking pies.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    johnmitchell,

Give a try one of these days... they are very good. Plus you get to learn a new trick or two to put in your BBQ toolbox. I'm glad I jumped in and cant wait to continuing improving the process and results. Fun stuff, this Bar-b-que.

Hillsboro OR
  • FarbuckFarbuck Posts: 276
    They look great.

What was your dough recipe?

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
    http://ww2.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/10/nancy-silvertons-pizza-dough-recipe.html?ref=search

This is the link that was shared by one our fellow forum members some time back.
    Great flavor.

Hillsboro OR