Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another spatchcock chicken

Options
Cooked another spatchcock chicken last night. It turned out great. It was cooked raised direct at 400 for 65 minutes. I seasoned it with Special **** seasoning. You just can't beat a spatchcock chicken. I had to post so I know it happened. Plus it tasted real good.
Gulf Coast FL

Comments

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options

This is cruel and unusual - I'm going without dinner tonite in retribution for doing a tri-tip and chicken feast this afternoon.  It looks like you nailed the spatchcock.  Perfect!!!

Santa Paula, CA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks great.
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Nice! Can't go wrong with spatchcock chicken......one of my favs.
    GWN
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    love spatchcock chicken and turkey. I just may do one tomorrow...thanks for the inspiration!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @grEGGorys‌
    Fine looking bird there. Excellent job my friend!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Hard to beat spatchcocked chicken!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.