Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Happy to be Back to my Eggs

We left for Gulf Shores last Friday and got back home about 5pm today. The fresh seafood was great and I ate my weight in raw oysters and Royal Reds.
Stopped at the grocery for a steak and salad fixins. Ended up with a 1.37lb ribeye
Fired up the small at 500 raised with a simple salt,pepper and garlic powder rub image Since reading about using cooling racks for the rest I improvised with 2 metal skewers ( cooling rack is now on the list) and it made all the difference in the world image Cooked till 135 all raised and really simple
And plated with the fresh salad image

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 23,610
    @Mattman3969‌
    Looks excellent my friend. Got some Ribeyes cooking as we speak myself. Excellent job brother. Nicely done.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • DMWDMW Posts: 10,901
    Mmm...rib eye...
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Welcome
    Back!!! Can't wait to move the egg back out on the deck!
  • grEGGorysgrEGGorys Posts: 168
    Good looking steak. I live on the Gulf Coast and enjoy seafood but there is nothing as good as a ribeye. Cook more beef.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,709
    Looks yummy. Tell me more about cooling rack...
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,960
    Omg..Royal Reds are the $#it. Mad jelly yo...I dont hate cha tho.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,553
    @henapple - I like how you threw out the Jesse Pinkman lingo. +5 bonus street credits.

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,553
    CPARKTX said:
    Looks yummy. Tell me more about cooling rack...

The way I understand from @nolaegghead description is that a cool plate will pull the moisture from the meat rather than redistributing the juice throughout the meat. He said a warm plate will also work decently

• mshumpmshump Posts: 212
    That is a good looking rib eye !
    Danville, Il
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    You were in Gulf Shores and you didn't smell my Egg? It's going almost everynight, maybe next time I can keep you from having withdrawals !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama