Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paleo Ideas?

Options
Any others on here following the Paleo Diet?  I'm down 25 lbs since April.  Looking for some new recipe ideas.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Can't get much more Paleo than meat over fire. :) I'm not 100% paleo, but have realized I'm eating more that way than not. I lost and kept off 80 lbs using Weight Watchers online and highly processed foods have higher points values than real food. Just don't use processed ingredients in rubs and sauces.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Grass-fed steak caveman style, but I'm sure your looking for something beyond steak. No other ideas here. Congrats on the weight loss.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Our ancestors ate a lot of dinosaur before we killed them all.  We were caveman back in the day.  I'd ask Fred Flintstone about some authentic Paleo dishes, he's the resident expert.
    Options
    My wife and I have eaten Paleo for years now.  The egg become your best friend when you go Paleo.  There are so many amazing options from ribs, to chicken, to brisket, to tri tip, to meatloaf.  As far as recipes, I'll chime in with one of my favorites.  Paleo Smoked Meatloaf.  This is based loosely on a recipe I got from a Paleo cookbook, but altered and improved!

1 Diced Red Onion
    2 lb. Grass Fed Beef
    1 Cup Almond Meal
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 cans Tomato Paste
    1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
    2 Tbsp Hatch Chile Powder
    1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt

You can smoke it at any temp you like.  I typically do it around 300-350 loaded with hickory.  Cook until IT reaches 150.  
    Southern California