Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark or Rockwood in the Richmond, VA area

DIAD
DIAD Posts: 187
I have been reading about how wonderful Ozark Oak and Rockwood lump is and now I want to try it.  I can only get Royal Oak or Cowboy around my area.  I will be driving down to Richmond VA in a few weeks.  Is there a store that would carry these brands?  A little deli by my house now carries Humphries???  I just noticed it and it was $17 per bag.  Has anyone tried that kind?   

Also, I'm going to be in the Manassas area later this week.  I'm going to stop in Dizzy Pig.  I love that place!!  I don't know that they carry lump other than Big Green Egg though. 

Thanks!!
Chester, MD

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

Dizzy Pig has Rockwood in stock.

Next closest is three Ace Hardware stores south of Baltimore. 

• divecj5
    divecj5 Posts: 18
    Just did a quick search on Rockwood's website (LINK) and it doesn't look like there's any "official" dealers within 50 miles.  Not sure on the Ozark Oak side of things.
    Charleston, SC // LBGE
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Order it from firecraft...free shipping on orders over 99.00 and they carry both. I ordered 2 bags of rockwood and 6 bags of oo s o i would have 60lbs of each as i already had a bag of rockwood
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    edited June 2014
    I would try to stop at the Dizzy Pig!  Their rubs are all great!   Every time I try a new one my wife says that is her new favorite.  Raging River for Salmon,  Tsunami Spin for Chicken and Dizzy Dust for Ribs.  All winners so far.  Soon to try Cowlick and Pineapple head.  Then pick up some Rockwood and you had good day!   
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    No Rockwood here in Richmond. Dizzy pig is your best option.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    I did stop in yesterday. Thanks! On another thread I posted the list but here is a pic
    Chester, MD