Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Screen names

bettysnephew
bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
I always try to figure out where/how a member got their screen name or what it means. Kind of a strange way of wasting time, but it works for me.

I'll start,  bettysnephew came about from the 36 years I worked in industrial maintenance at General Mills.  Betty Crocker was the company figurehead (she is not a real person and never was BTW and is a composite of different racial characteristics).  Most of the wage employees said they worked for Aunt Betty hence I was  one of Betty's nephews.

What's your story?
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    My initials, I'm not very creative.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Bad influence was given to me about 30 years ago when my friends girlfriend (now wife) said she didn't want him hanging out with me as I was a bad influence on him. To this day she still don't like me as she still thinks I'm a bad influence on him.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    DMW said:

+1

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Also use it on a gun thread. When we would go target practicing, I would say," Ya wanna go punch some holes." It has stuck with me.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Talk about not creative?! I just used my real name. I figure in this day there's nothing secret anymore anyways. Lol
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    I used to play a lot of golf in my younger days and a "Double Bogey" was the dreaded score that always awaited me whenever I spent more time trying to project the route the girls in the beverage cart would take than thinking about my next shot.  Don't play much now so maybe I should change to "Triple Bogey"
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    I'm a retired banker and I wore long sleeved dress shirts year around. For the last 30 years all of my shirts had a monogramed RRP on the cuff - that became my trademark.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    NP= I was born & raised in North Platte, NE.
    Husker= Always and forever a Husker it's in my blood.
    FL= I have lived in Florida for 22 yrs now.
    NPHuskerFL
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Graduated from Southern Illinois University, the Salukis, in 2007.  BTW a Saluki was the royal dog of the Egyptians.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Self explanatory.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    With the not creative group, my name (used on both Egg forums).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    edited June 2014
    Not creative in one bit.  T is my initial, and the rest is the last name.  Wanted to change it a while back, but would have had to start a new profile with different address....  I'll just keep it.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Acn said:
    +1
    +2

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    nola is my first name and I look like this

Cymbaline=Song by Pink Floyd (More movie soundtrack and my fav band)
    65=Year I was born.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Two initials + initials of home town + state
    Kemah, TX
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    My name is Jeff, last name starts with O. Grew up in the country on a farm. My dad and an uncle call me Jethro. Va is my state.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited June 2014
    Bump.

Edit:  Apparently this is one of those threads the mods want buried.  Won't update to front page.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• This thread is cool, You have no Idea how many times I thought,  "Neal Parker (or any NP name), a Nebraska native moved to Fl", Thought I was awesome for figuring this out, along with other ones, Not Neal Parker at all, lol.