Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rainy Day Brined Spatchcock

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,401
Brined the chicken last night in a gallon of water 3/4 cup salt, 2/3 cup sugar, 3/4 cup soy and 1/4 cup olive oil. John Henry's Texas Chicken Tickler for rub, Rockwood with Pecan and Cherry. Cooked at 400 raised direct. Juicy and very flavorful, this may be the best one so far.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
Green Man Group 
Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks good. I use salt and sugar in my brine. I get the soy sauce, what does the olive oil do for the flavor? Moisture?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,401
    I have no idea just saw it on a website and decided to try it. I couldn't taste the soy but the white meat sure had good flavor.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 379
    Looks very good! I have some brined spatcocks on right now.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Thanks
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGHSGH Posts: 23,997
    @JRWhitee‌
    Brining really takes poultry to the next level. Good job brother. The food looks excellent! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.