Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great week for Eggcessories

Got the 4 Smokeware Caps for my and a pal's Eggs, Thanks Matt, excellent service.  Got the giant spatula at Wally World, thanks for the heads up @SGH. And last but not least got grate racks from @RRP.  Thank you Ron.  Now if this darned rain would stop I could get them mounted.  We are enduring torrential rain storms and my area is presently under flash flood warnings.  I know the Smokeware cap would work, but would like to get the racks mounted and cook something big enough to try that gargantuan spatula.  No cooks tomorrow, have to pick up the sister in law in Chicago.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @bettysnephew‌
    You are more than welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    I agree. I got a Smokeware cap and a AR Rib & Brisket combo for Fathers Day. Stoked! Literally!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    You are welcome for the SmokeWare grate/PS racks - they are very simple, but do the job. My medium which is in a nest is older and the holes that the racks mount in weren't drilled and I didn't want to retro fit. Use them and enjoy them!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Just receive my Smoke ware cap today. Fits great and looks good. Can't wait to try it out.
    Should I do a couple of low temp cooks prior to making pizzas?
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Am I missing something on these racks?
    Dunedin, FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    yzzi said:
    not sure what you mean, but they are very simple well bent and powder coated black wire racks that fit into the holes drilled in current BGE nests. They will hold/store your hot grate and/or your hot plate setter out of your way.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    yzzi said:
    No, I believe it was just something Ron had that I could use.  Came at an opportune time for me.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa