Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Tri-tip, Zucchini, Potatoes

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
edited June 2014 in Off Topic
OT again because it wasn't done on an egg again. 
Was out on the lake all afternoon yesterday and this ended up being a late dinner last night. 
Tri-tip reverse seared in the smoker. Used Frontier lump with some oak chunks. Cast iron grid sitting on top of the fire basket. When finished with the roast I pulled all other grids and firebricks (indirect barrier). 
Opened it all up and it got hot quick. 

Zucchini was grilled on the kettle over Kinsford briquettes. 
 Potatoes were roasted in the oven. 
 I don't usually eat like this for a week straight, but once a year I figure I can recover from.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I don't care how it was done that looks Fantastic..That plated pic was surely for one of the children..Great Tri..
    ^:)^
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @DMW‌
    I agree with @johnmitchell‌ I don't care what it was cooked on it looks outstanding! Nicely done my friend. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Any cook that looks that good should not be off topic my friend. I'm working on some peppers stuffed with coon meat as we speak. Take a guess where I'm posting them. Again your food looks outstanding as always my friend!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thanks guys. @SGH if you are serious about coon meat stuffed peppers I think @nolaegghead might have a source for coons.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Brother we have more than our fair share of them. I welcome them as there is still plenty of room in the freezer!

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks excellent as usual DMW. 

No more coon problems. 
    Options
    @DMW‌ man your OT are delicious looking! Very nice!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL