Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MiniMax placed on sidewalk tile or nest?

Options
Hi again from the Netherlands.

A few weeks ago my Mini fell of a small wet wooden table while cleaning the grid. Top of the dome was broken in 5 pieces but some glue was to my aid, well so far, so good ;) I also own a Large which is sometimes too much for my needs and as you can imagine, the Mini is sometimes too small.

Overhere we also got info on the MiniMax and last sunday it was shown on the BGE Memberday 2014 here in the Netherlands. Is that a small fat beast and it made me greedy to order one...which I did.

As you will understand I want to avoid the above Mini accident again and was thinking on placing the MiniMax directly on a sidewalk tile which is placed on a small table. The MiniMax's surface is much bigger than the Mini's would be very stabile with out the table nest.

Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Cheers, Michiel

p.s. I can't find a 2014 BGE catalogue anywhere. Has it already been released ?
Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Large, MiniMax and Mini

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Hey Michiel,

My understanding is the mini-max will be available later in the summer/fall timeframe, I don't think they are available yet - or I'd have one. :)

That being said, they might make a small nest that it could go into to leave a air gap under the egg.  I'd want that just to keep it dry/off the ground.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • mhoutman
    mhoutman Posts: 57
    Options
    @sumoconnel yep, there will be a table nest, but I wonder if the airflow under the egg is necessary or essential ? In my case putting the MiniMax directly on a tile would be a great solution to avoid accidents ;)
    Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Large, MiniMax and Mini
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    You need the nest yes airflow is essential, just use caution when opening and closing the lid.
    Seattle, WA