Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

67/33 Home Ground Beef Brisket/Bacon Sliders on the Mini BGE (pix)

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023

These were done after being inspired by @vidalia1 ...  that dude knows his stuff.  ;)  He's never recommended anything that wasn't spot on IMHO.  And for those who may not know it, he's the one who cooked on my very first Big Green Egg during a BGE 101 course at the GA Mountain Eggfest 4 years ago.  :)  It was my first egg, and I bought the demo he cooked on.  It was the beginning of my lifelong obsession.  \m/

I cooked these on my Mini BGE though.  As @JRWhitee said earlier today, it's the only Egg my wife let's me grill on these days.  Because she's confiscated my Large.    ;)  :D

My wife and I had 2 sliders each.  One with some "Palmetto Cheese with Jalapenos" and the other was your basic loaded cheeseburger with lettuce, onions, pickles and tomato.  They were both very, very good.  I'm not sure how many of you can score the "Palmetto Cheese" brand of pimento cheese on this forum, but check your stores.  This stuff is phenomenal.  It's made in Pawley's Island, SC (at least that's what it says on the container) and can be found in just about any chain grocery store in my neck of the woods. 

Toasted the Slider Buns before placing on the toppings.  The 67% Beef Brisket Flat to 33% Pork Bacon was the most tasty burger patty I've eaten to date.  image

Thanks again, @vidalia1....  You the man!  I can see why Ginny has stuck with you for so long.  ;)  

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Great job Craig, maybe Elle will let you use the large for a low and slow.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Haha... I'll gladly share it with her. ;) But I'm still more "into" the BGE thing than she is. :) I think I learned this phrase from @Griffin‌ ... "The family that grills together stays together." Must be working for us, bc we celebrated our 12 year anniversary a coupla weeks ago. Can't wait to experience many more with my wife/best friend.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Nice job!

I find myself cooking 3oz thin patties and stacking them vs. 1 thicker burger. I love the idea of jalop pimenner cheese. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Gotta love Pawleys.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Gotta love Pawleys.
    Anywhere in coastal SC. I love that state.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)