Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Left handed Pigtail flipper

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday in a discussion of desirable toys I mentioned that the pigtail flipper also comes in a left-handed model and I think some people thought I was spoofing. So I went to pigtailflipper.com to grab a link to post. When I found none listed I sent an email inquiring. Today I received a call back from a company rep named Gabi and she said yes they are available, but they just don't have it listed on their website. She said to order a lefty call her at 1-716-825-3814 ext 109.

BTW here's my two right handed ones.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP‌
    How do you like that pigtail as opposed to other utensils? ( tongs, spatula, pinchers ) Just curious my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    I've had mine for years and prefer the smaller one of the two. It's great for using inside for flipping meats in a skillet as it is easier and quicker than a spatula or tongs. Outside in the egg it is great for flipping steaks, wings etc. The thing is sharp and you get a solid instant grip. You might think this is a lie, but I use mine to flip pancakes over as well!
  • SGH
    Options
    @RRP‌
    If you say it I believe it brother. Fixing to order me one. You recommend the small over the large or should I get both?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    They usually are sold in stores as a set - I seldom use my 19" large one at all - you'll be surprised at what you can do with the 12" small one as it acts more with your flip of the wrist than the heavier large one that seems more like a tool in my hand...that make sense?
  • SGH
    Options
    @RRP‌
    Thank you sir. That makes perfect sense. Will let you know what I think of them when I get to try them. Again thanks.

Status- Standing by.

• smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    I have a set of lefties. My favorite use for them is while cooking bacon. Super easy to pick up / flip / move the strips of bacon.
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I think Flanders stocks them.image
    Flint, Michigan
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Wow... Never tried flipping pancakes with it! I have no doubt that it would work however.
    I just have the 12" model and it works great.
    Nice that they make a lefty model!!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • RRP
    edited June 2014
    Options
    mcmac said:
    Wow... Never tried flipping pancakes with it! I have no doubt that it would work however. I just have the 12" model and it works great. Nice that they make a lefty model!!

I know it sounds strange and maybe it is because I have years of practice doing it, but once the bottom side has firmed up and browned then I hook them underneath and do a quick flip. Don't think it over too long or you might tear them but by that time the tops have already started to skim over so it's not as sloppy or as difficult as it may first sound!
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    I'll give it a try!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR