Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's food.....

Options
Wife woke me up and had sausage gravy and biscuits ready for me! Woohoo! No pics. Lunch was burgers on the grill. Dinner was my first spatchcock chicken, chicken wings, bacon wrapped stuffed potatoes, corn on the cob and peach cobbler for desert. Also made a shrimp dip again for appetizers. Is it me or was my grill smiling at me? Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Forgot the after baked shot. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I think next time I'll cook the cobbler indirect, the edges and bottom got a little toasty but it was awesome! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Here's a couple shots of some grill hut decorations I got for Father's Day. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos My girls brought home some orchids from my dad's orange trees in Florida and they found a nice home in my rosemary bush that didn't make it through winter. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Hope you all had a great day!
Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Congrats!! Looks like a heck of a haul!
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Thank you sir! Now if I could just take pictures as good as yours!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2014
    Options
    "My girls brought home some orchids from my dad's orange trees in Florida and they found a nice home in my rosemary bush that didn't make it through winter."

I'm assuming this is an orange tree? I had to prune my citrus' after the winter and used it for smoke on chicken. Pretty good flavor to it. I like your outdoor kitchen area with the neon (?) Grill Sign and the Lobster. Nice!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    @GeorgeS‌, will you elaborate more on the potatoes and shrimp dip? Good looking cook.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    GaBGE said:
    @GeorgeS‌, will you elaborate more on the potatoes and shrimp dip? Good looking cook.
    +1...more on the shrimp dip.

By the way, excellent set-up!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks guys! @NPHuskerFL‌ They are in a dead rosemary bush that just didn't make it through the crappy winter we had. Shrimp dip--very loose recipe About 8oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup good Parmesan cheese, 3/4lb shrimp, Onion to your taste, Garlic to your taste Seafood seasoning, 1 beer, 2 tblsp sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo, Cook shrimp in beer with some of your favorite seafood seasoning, take shrimp out of shell and dice, mix all ingredients together and sprinkle more seafood seasoning on top, bake at 400 in a pie pan for about 45 minutes. I cook until the top browns a little and the edges are bubbling.